Beat the humidity and heat this summer with some family friendly water fun in Dayton! The Dayton area offers many activities and parks that are aquatically-focused, perfect for a daytime play date or family outing.
Dayton Splash Parks
Located under 5 miles from First Place Apartments are an astounding 8 splash parks ready to cool down those hot summer afternoons! Try any of these:
- Washington Park Spray Park (Second Street at Garland Avenue)
- the Stuart Patterson Park Spray Park (238 Baltimore Street)
- Island MetroPark (101 E. Helena Street)
- McIntosh Park Splash Park (Riverview at Edwin c. Moses Boulevard)
- Walnut Hills Spray Park (2300 Block of Wayne Avenue)
- Mallory Park Spray Park (Germantown Road at Burwood)
- Five Oaks Spray Park (Homewood and Five Oaks)
- and RiverScape MetroPark Interactive Fountains (just up from the pavilion). Each of these parks is free and open to the public.
Water Sports in Dayton
Searching for something with activity for all ages? Try paddling down the river! Dayton MetroParks has several locations with river or lake access for those with their own equipment.
Beaches and Water Fun in Dayton
Want a more laid back approach to water activities? Seek out one of Ohio’s many lake beaches. On the southeastern end off State Route 73, Caesar Creek State Park’s beach is perfect for sandcastles and swimming. Hueston Woods is the perfect place to spend a long weekend. In addition to a sandy beach area, the park offers a full service lodge for overnight stays. Kiser Lake State Park is known for its clear waters, perfect for swimming with your crew. Cowan Lake, located in Wilmington, is another perfect spot and is still under an hour’s drive from downtown.
What’s your favorite Dayton water activity? We’d love to hear about it on our Facebook page!