Still searching for the perfect Dayton event or happening to make the summer of 2016 perfect? We’ve got the rundown of what’s up and notable in the area.
Family Friendly Dayton Events
You can’t mention family friendly without talking fairs! County fair season is in full swing in the Dayton area with some events already said and done. Here’s what’s left to experience:
- The Clark County Fair (Springfield) is July 22nd through the 29th. What’s notable? Saturday evening features a KISS tribute band, Mr. Speed, and on Monday you can take part in the races with KOI Drag Racing.
- The Preble County Fair kicks off July 30th and lasts through August 6th. This year’s event features daily horse shows in addition to an exhilarating tractor and truck pull.
- The Miami County Fair will be August 12th through the 18th. Don’t want to miss a thing? Download the Miami County Fair App!
- July 31st through August 6th head on over to the Greene County Fair in Xenia. This year’s festivities will feature a concert by Granger Smith.
- Last but certainly not least, the Montgomery County Fair is August 31st through September 5th. What should you go for? Definitely the Bulls, Broncs, and Barrels on September 2nd!
If you are searching for a healthy family activity make sure you load up the bikes and join the fun during the 6th Annual Tour de Dayton on Saturday, August 6th.
Date Night Dayton Events
What could make a better date than the Dayton Celtic Festival? With live music and plenty of authentic brews, this huge event is the perfect night out. The event kicks off Friday, July 29th and lasts through the 31st.
Speaking of live music events, the Lebanon Blues Festival August 6th is a can’t miss! In case you stuff yourself silly, this event also features a fun run!
The Baby Boomer Festival promises live music from the 50’s through 80’s and everything in between! This generation-centric event also takes place on August 6th.
Love live music? Then the Dayton African American Cultural Festival on August 27th is a must! With acts ranging from R&B to Gospel, this celebration is a can’t miss! The festival also features rich art displays and vendors.
Food-Focused Dayton Events
Are you hungry for something savory this weekend? Head over to the Huber Heights Ribfest! In addition to festive food, the event features live music and a car show.
If you’re seeking something more veggie-focused, try the Rock ‘N Green Tomato Festival Saturday the 23rd in downtown Miamisburg. The event boasts green tomato pizza and more!
Are you all ears for corn on the cob? If so then you’re going to fit right in at the Fairborn Sweet Corn Festival August 20th – 21st. There’s really something for everyone at this family-friendly event; activities will include historic demonstrations, vendor booths, and more!
We hope this nails down your plans for the end of the summer! If you’ve got the where and when of something that’s going on in the Dayton area this month, be sure to tell us on our Facebook page or in the comments below!