Whether you’re new to the Dayton area or just want to explore your city more this year, we’ve got a list of the top 12 events to attend in Dayton! Take a peek below to see what your monthly plans should be.
Winter Dayton Events
- January – Hit the rink in January! If you haven’t been ice skating at the MetroParks Ice Rink yet you’re missing out! From Broomball games to ice skating lessons, this rink has it all! The rink is open daily throughout January for your winter fun.
- December – End your year with one of Dayton’s best events, A Carillon Christmas! This lovely holiday happening features plenty of family-friendly fun for everyone including a stunningly huge lighted “tree,” train rides and more.
- November through December – Check out the beautiful light and miniature display at Clifton Mill. They also have a wonderful light show every hour that you and your family can enjoy! Stop in their restaurant and get pancakes the size of your head!!
- February – Start off February with the Dayton Auto Show! The Dayton Area Automobile Dealers Association presents the annual show at the Dayton Convention Center each year. This is a fun event that really revs up your year!
Spring Dayton Events
- March – Have some heart this month and attend the Dayton Heart Ball! This event directly supports American Heart Association events in the Dayton area.
- April – Kick off a new season of Dayton Dragons Baseball at the team’s opening day against the Bowling Green Hot Rods! Opening Day is on (date).
- May – Don’t miss out on getting tickets at the Schuster Centre throughout May! Summer shows are a great way to come downtown and celebrate the city while getting a taste of the arts! Check out their entire season here.
Summer Dayton Events
- June – Show your PRIDE this month at the Greater Dayton PRIDE weekend! Festivities happen all weekend long that include a bar crawl, parade and more!
- July – Catch the Independence Day celebration in downtown Dayton on July 4th! The festival includes food, live music, and family-friendly fun!
- August – What better time for BACON? Don’t miss one of the area’s tastiest festivals, Bacon Fest at the Fraze Pavilion!
- August – Just say “Ale Yeah!” this month and head on over to the Ale Feast at the Dayton Convention Center! This delicious event features over 80 beers, wine (if that’s more your style) and amazing food pairings.
Fall Dayton Events
- September – After all that delicious food from Bacon Fest, you won’t mind running this amazing race! Join the fun with the Dayton area’s biggest and best series of races this month at the Air Force Marathon.
- October – Are you ready for a scare? Don’t miss the area’s biggest Halloween bash—the Oregon District’s Hauntfest!
- November – Bring on the holiday season with the Dayton Holiday Festival! The celebrations last throughout the holidays and kick off with a downtown tree lighting you won’t want to miss!
What events to attend in Dayton are you looking forward to this year? We’d love to hear in the comments below or on our Facebook page! Living at First Place Apartments gives you access to events like these! To schedule a tour of our available apartments today, contact us toll-free at 866.240.6063 or 937.226.1630.